Fed up of your usual cafe spot? Wanted to try something new? Here’s a quick tour for you to my newly discovered cafe (thanks to my Facebook friends), theAmo Yamie Crib Mendiola.<insert fairytale sounds here…> :-pIn a far away land of….. Uhm… Ooooppps… wait, what?! Sorry. Okay. Here it is. :)Located at the heart of the University Belt, Amo Yamie Crib is the now being frequently visited place by students and barkadas. AYC in Mendiola is a franchise of Amo Yamie Crib Coffee and Movie House which had its pioneer branch at Angeles City.
As the name suggests, Amo Yamie Crib will give you the ambiance that you are in a “crib” or in a friend’s house. For me, it looks like a big two level doll house! Each spot looks like a room which has a center table and pillows.
AYC gives you also, the exact thing as its true name means – Amoy Yummy. Everything smells yummy there, sweet and tasty smell of pastries, frappes and shakes.
Now let’s talk about what “amoy yummy” it serves…
While most of the mainstream and well known cafes serve their blended drinks, fruit teas and other drinks using plastic cups or styro cups, Amo uses the seemingly being in the trend nowadays, mason jars. I find it very cute. It adds up to the entire feeling of being at home.
Twin – two 16 oz of same flavored drinks
Mason – 24 oz
Amo Yamie Crib’s MENU
Coffe (hot or cold)
Budget cut: 65 to 99 pesos
- Caffe Latte
- Nutella Latte
- Caramel Machiatto
- Mocha Cream
Budget Cut: 109 to 139 pesos
- Mocha Wish (mocha)
- Once Upon Nutella (hazelnut)
- The 3 Maltesers (vanilla malt)
- Red Riding Hood (red velvet)
- Jack and Jelly (coffee jelly)
- Jav-aladdin (java chip)
- Oreo and Juliet (oreo chocolate)
- The Little Mermint (mocha and mint)
- “A-reese” in Wonderland (salted caramel)
- Snow White (yes, it’s vanilla)
- Wizard of Oreo (cookies and cream)
- Bubble Berry (strawberry)
Budget Cut: 55 to 79 pesos
- Pink Panther (strawberry)
- Oreo Kitty (oreo)
- Ninja Taro (oreo taro)
- Flint Salt (salted caramel)
- Dewraemon (you know this! Honeydew)
- Winty the Pooh (wintermelon)
Budget Cut: 49 to 85 pesos
- Berry Boop (strawberry)
- Honey Bravo (honeydew)
- Swiss Charlie (chocolate)
- Mickey Mousse (obviously, mocha mousse)
- Apple Puff (apple)
- Cookie Monster (with no doubt! Cookies and cream)
- Buzz Lychee (lychee)
Yes, it’s not all about the blended drinks! Amo also serves great snacks along with a friendly cut on your money. We had the Cribber’s Sandwich (clubhouse sandwiches with ample serving of french fries with mayo and ketchup dip) that costs 95 pesos only. Uhum. You got it right, it is good for two.
- Cakes and other pastries.
- Party Packages
Address: 2nd Floor, 2125 Gordi Plaza Building, Legarda Street, Quiapo, Manila
Follow me on Instagram: engr.aikaloraine